Ikea Hack: Children's Table.

Thursday, January 3, 2013
I had bought this Ikea children's table from Goodwill a while ago. It looked like this before. 
Boring & zilch amounts of character. Plus mine was a tad more beat up.

So I turned it into this.


I spray painted the table Heirloom White, and the chairs Coral Isle by Krylon.

Then I painted the top of it with chalkboard paint for my artistic toddler. 

I like chalkboard a lot for kids because they can draw to their hearts content & when I have my back turned and she decides to take her art to the wall [of course, I would never leave her unattended like while I craft, sew, or am in the garage riiiiiiiiiight.] But anyways, if something like that would happen then I can just wipe it off with a rag instead of scrubbing. Life saver I'm tellin ya, oh &I don't have to buy coloring books.
Plus it's a lot cuter than scribbled on paper.

Anyways, what do ya think? I really love how it turned out. 

16 comments:

Amanda said...

Great idea! Love the colours that you chose and the chalkboard top idea is awesome. I'm sure she'll love it.

Nixie Fotos Photography said...

Super Cute! I need something just like this!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Way cute Jenna. :)

evelania said...

Very cute, love the colors.

Kim @ Too Much Time On My Hands said...

So Stinkin Cute! Love the color scheme you chose and the chalkboard is fantastic:)

If you get a chance this weekend, I would LOVE for you to link up at Get Schooled Saturday at Too Much Time On My Hands
xxx
Kim
http://too-much-time.com/2013/01/get-schooled-saturday-56.html

April Hoff said...

I love repainted children's furniture! I recently did a chalkboard table top for my 1 year old daughter! Found you through the TT&J Link Up! Newest follower! :)

April Hoff
housebyhoff.blogspot.com

Mariel said...

So sweet! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there!

Cori said...

This is the cutest idea ever! Your blog is so lovely. Like a breath of fresh air.

{:miss v:} said...

Cute!

Now for that bunting...I must know how you made it. Like, yesterday! Do share!

Miss G said...

I just included a photo and linked back to this post. If you would rather me not, PLEASE let me know and I will take it off. Thanks! Kelly

http://sundrenchedmoments.blogspot.com/2013/03/getting-your-opinion.html

Julia | Pawleys Island Posh said...

love this! Thanks for posting the colors you used. I think I'm going to try to recreate this for my littles!

Carolyn said...

I just wanted to let you know that I featured your amazing project on my new blog DETAILS. DETAILS is the sister-site to my main blog Homework.
On DETAILS I feature projects that have those little details that make them extraordinary. I'd love for you to stop by and visit and follow along on my new journey. http://carolynsdetails.blogspot.com/

xxoo
carolyn
homework | http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/
& DETAILS

Aya said...

Hello

I was about to paint the same ikea table and chairs but still hesitating on the technique to use..

Did you sand or put any primer before painting?

Thanks in advance!! so excited by this cute and cheap diy!!

aya... from france (sorry for my english)

Britta said...

SO cute!

somersly said...

I am also wondering if you had to do any prep work to the table and chairs before spray painting. I have the same set and am afraid if I just paint it, that the paint will peel off.

Anonymous said...

Did you need to sand this table before painting it??